|Priority #:||171 - Top Level Domain Holdings|
1622 - Donuts (Extra Way, LLC)
- Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd.. It is one of 68 applications that the company has filed on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Donuts (Extra Way, LLC), a start-up registry operator, which invested $56 million just for application fees for 307 new gTLDs. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
GoDaddy had originally applied for .casa, but in March 2013, the company announced that it was withdrawing its applications for .casa and .home, and only sticking with its Brand TLD application for .godaddy. It was noted that it was withdrawing its applications to focus on its core registrar business, thereby removing competition with competitive applicants it could work with as future registries and eliminating concerns that it will promote its own TLDs ahead of others'. The announcements were made at an event, Registry Days, meant to open a dialogue between the world's largest registrar and new gTLd applicants. The applications were withdrawn in time to receive a 70% refund for each of the $185,000 application fees.
- ↑ gTLD Application Update 92 applications submitted, TLDH.org
- ↑ Donuts Inc eye popping list of 307 new top-level domains
- ↑ TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013
- ↑ GoDaddy Home Casa TLD, DomainNameWire.com Published & Retrieved 6 Mar 2013