|Priority #:||384 - Famous Four Media (dot Sport Limited)|
1067 - SportAccord
- SportAccord, is a known as a Community Application, that has backing from the International Olympic Committee. SportAccord has also announced that its registry services provider would be CORE.
- Famous Four Media (Dot Sport Limited), has applied for 61 applications. SprtAccord filed a Community Objection against this application.
The community application comes from Sport Accord, and it has engaged the International Sports Federations and the International Olympic Committee to comprise a Policy Advisory Board (PAB). "[R]egistrants in .sport must be recognized performers, organizers, promoters or supporters of federated Sport, or belong to categories of registrants recognized by the .sport Policy Advisory Board (PAB)." The Olympic Committee has previously been involved in discussions in ICANN regarding universal protections for its trademarks across all new gTLDs.
Community Objection against Famous Four Media
SportAccord filed a Community Objection against Famous Four Media's application. The objection meant SportAccord argued that they represented the "sport" community and that this community would be harmed in some way if Famous Four Media had control of the gTLD. Panelist Guido Santiago Tawil of the International Chamber of Commerce was charged with deciding the objection's outcome, and he ruled in favor of SportAccord. This outcome would force Famous Four Media out of contention for the string, however the company made it clear that they will use all avenues available to stay in contention for the string, even if it means going to court.
String Confusion Objection
SportAccord won a String Confusion Objection it submitted to the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), asserting that .sport and .sports were confusingly similar. Donuts was the only applicant for .sports and will now be in contention for .sport as panelist M Scott Donahey sided with SportAccord. The decision was made in part because the word "sport" is also a collective noun, making it synonymous in some cases with the word "sports."
- ↑ SpotAccord Picks CORE for Sport gTLD Bid, DomainIncite.com
- ↑ Famous For Media Applies for 61 generic TLDs Poker Bet Bingo Casino Win, TheDomains.com
- ↑ Pending Cases, ICCWBO.org Retrieved 14 May 2013
- ↑ Famous Four vows to fight .sport Objection Loss, Domain Incite Retrieved 04 Nov 2013
- ↑ Panel says .sport and .sports are confusingly similar, Domain Incite Retrieved 25 Sept 2013