|Born:||1979, Tehran, Iran|
|Email:||a_kashian [at] rojina.com,
alir0001 [at] ntu.edu.sg
He was the executive secretary of the Working Group of Internet Governance in Iran during the years 2004 and 2005. Alireza has also been an adviser to the Supreme Council of ICT for ICANN outreach in Iran, and has been an active member of several committees engaged in the promotion of, and conducting research upon, Internet Governance in Iran.
In 2005, he and his colleagues translated the book called Internet Governance: A Grand Collaboration into Persian, which was published in September, 2005 in Iran.
- Alireza is now CEO of Lilihood Pte. Ltd, a company focused mainly on Local Based Services, collecting databases of local information from people actually living in local areas.
- He is also CEO of PicArtia, whose website uses sophisticated algorithms to automatically generate collages. PicArtia had more than a million users at the end of 2009.
- Alireza was director of Hypersystem Ltd in 2001-2002
- He was Director of IranServers Ltd. in 2000-2003
- He was Director of Rojina Ltd from 2005-2008
- In 2010, in conjunction with Sona Hassani and Ehsan Zaery Moghaddam, Alireza Kashian created the online work “A New Captcha Based on Understanding Harmony Images."
- In 2007, in co-operation with Mahdi Rasouli, Habib, Robert K. L. Gay and Mir Mohamad Hosseini, he wrote "Commonsense Measurement Through Gaussian Interpolation of Tags for an Image Labeling Game."
- In 2006, again in cooperation with Robert K. L. Gay and Abdul Karim, he turned out "Collaborative Concept Tagging for Images Based on Ontological Thinking."
Alireza studied at Nanyang Technological University through the years 2005 to 2007.