|Email:||sbabu [at] ieee.org|
Satish Babu is a past President of the Computer Society of India, where he held charge during 2012-13. CSI became an At-Large Structure of ICANN during his tenure at President. He is currently the Director of the International Centre for Free and Open Source Software.
He is a member of the following ICANN working groups:
- Capacity Building Working Group
- ATLAS 2 Working Group
- Meeting Strategy Working Group (MSWG)
He was elected to the ICANN's 2014 NomCom in July 2013, representing APRALO.
Other Positions Held
- Past President of the South East Asian Regional Computer Confederation (SEARCC)
- First Chair of the IEEE Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technologies (SIGHT, 2012-13)
- Member of MBA Board, IEEE Computer Society (2013)
- Member NomCom, IEEE Computer Society (2012)
- Asia-Pacific Cordinator, Geographic Activities, IEEE Computer Society (2009-2013)
- Chair, Distinguished Visitor Program, IEEE Computer Society (2012,2013)
Interests and Prior Jobs
- Executive & Chief Executive, South Indian Federation of Fishermen Societies (SIFFS), 1984-1999
- Promoter and President, InApp Information Technologies , 1999-2011
- Director, International Centre for Free and Open Source Software (ICFOSS), 2011-
- Worked with several social initiatives and NGOs in the early part of career (1984-1999). Later, during 2005-2007, worked in the civil society response to the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami in its rescue, relief, rehabilitation and reconstruction phases in Kerala and Nagapattinam District of Tamil Nadu in South India
A full profile is available at this reference.