He was born in 1974 (Turin, Italy), holds a degree cum laude in Electronical Engineering obtained at Politecnico di Torino. He deals with the Internet in all its aspects, including technical, business, social and political matters, as an entrepreneur, writer, activist and engineer.
He is an active conference speaker, blogger and writer. He has also been involved with Internet policies at the national and international level for many years. He is a member of the Internet Governance Consulting Committee of the Italian government. He represents the global Internet users in the Board of ICANN and is a member of several other boards in the Internet policy field. He has been a member of the WGIG and has been chairing the ALAC since its inception in January 2003, until March 2006. Before that, he served in other At Large positions and efforts, including chairing the "icannatlarge.org" effort twice. He also served as an officer of the Italian chapter of the Internet Society.
Over the last ten years, he has been the promoter of a number of online initiatives, which made him a well known figure on the Italian and global Internet.
- From January 1996 to December 1998 he worked at his university,Politecnico di Torino, as an in-charge for students' ISP services. 
- From Dec 1998 to April 1999 he was the Network engineer at the Network Planning Department of Omnitel (now Vodafone Italy).
- He was the Vice President for Technology of Vitaminic (now Buongiorno Vitaminic) from May 1999 to August 2002.
- He served as Co-founder and Director of European Domain Registry from Nov 2001 to Mar 2003.
- From January 2002 to December 2003 he acted as the Co-founder and Director of E3C.
- He served as the President & Chief Technical Officer of Dynamic Fun from September 2002 to September 2006. He is currently a Founding partner of the company.