|Founder(s):||Henderson and McVeity Law Firms|
|Headquarters:||100 King Street West 1 First Canadian Place |
Suite 1600 Toronto, ON M5X 1G5
| Mr. R. Scott Jolliffe, Chairman & CEO |
Ms. Sharon Mitchell, Chief Operating Officer
Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP (Gowlings) formerly known as Gowling & Henderson, is a Canadian firm with more than 700 legal professionals providing legal advisory services to domestic and international enterprises, financial institutions, private companies, and individuals. R. Scott Jolliffe is the Chairman and CEO of the company.
The company's main office is located in Toronto, Canada, though it maintains other offices in Montreal, Ottawa, Hamilton, Kanata, Calgary, Vancouver, and the Waterloo region. Gowlings international offices are also located in Moscow and London.
Awards and Recognition
Gowlings received numerous accolades from various entities, including:
- AON Hewitt's 2011 Best Employers In Canada Study
- Lexpert/ American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, 2011 - 10 listed professionals across 7 practice areas
- Intellectual Asset Management (IAM), 2010 - ranked as top-notch Life Sciences patent litigation law firm for Canada
- 2010 Canadian Dealmaker Award- Adviser on three of the top 13 M&A deals
- 2010 Expert Guides - 32 professionals recognized across 12 practice areas
- Chambers Global Guide, 2011 - 23 highly recommended professionals and 10 recommended practice areas
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2011 - 77 Gowlings professionals recognized across 36 practice areas
- Canadian Legal expert Directory, 2010 - 75 “most frequently,” “consistently” and “repeatedly” recommended professionals
- International Tax Review, World Tax 2010 - one of Canada's leading tax firms
- PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook, 2010 - 27 professionals endorsed and 13 practice areas recognized
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada 2010 - 36 professionals recognized across 14 practice areas
- Lexpert’s Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40, 2010 - 2 professionals named as Leading Lawyers Under 40
- FLR 1000, Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms, 2009 - ranked as Tier-3 law firm in Project Finance and Restructuring and Insolvency
Gowlings gives back to the community by providing pro bono services. The firm's professionals donate their time and resources regularly to numerous social, health, community and legal causes such as the Canadian Cancer Foundation, Stephen Lewis Foundation, Sick Kids Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, and other such organizations.
Gowlings and ICANN
Gowlings is a participant of the Domain Round Table.