|Founder(s):||Jon Karl, Greg Pierson,|
|Businesses:||Web Fraud Detection, Device Identification|
|Greg Pierson, CEO|
Iovation, Inc. is a company engaged in providing online protection services to enterprises by helping them identify malicious visitors to their websites to minimize fraud, abuse, and protect their clients and the entire Internet community. The company employs a number of devices to determine the level of threats associated with any kind online transaction. Its headquarters is located in Portland, Oregon.
The company has been listed on Inc. Magazine's Inc. 5000 and ranks 1662 on the 2010 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Greg Pierson was approached by one of his customers when he was establishing ieLogic; the customer told him that a fraudulent organization severely damaged his online business. Pierson's idea to solve the problem was to track down the computers of online criminals but he discovered that no one was providing that particular service. Pierson founded Iovation, Inc. with Jon Karl and Molly O’Hearn in June, 2004. The company received a $15 million investment from Intel Capital, SAP Ventures, European Founders and EPIC Venture.
The company provides online protection for businesses engaged in financial services, online retail, online gaming, online communities, and online casinos. Its services include Reputation Manager 360, offered to companies that need a very demanding fraud management; Reputation Manager Basic, for companies that requires basic fraud management; and Quick Check, an extension of the Basic and 360 services that is used to lower the risks of login interactions.
- 2011 Red Herring Top 100 Global Tech Startups
- 2011 OnDemand Top 100 Winner- Software, Vertical Applications 
- Technology-Service Company of the Year Award 
- 6th Annual 2011 Hot Companies and Best Products Awards-Finalist in Security Services for Finance, Banking and Insurance 
- 2011 MRC Emerging Technology Award 
- 2011 Best Security Service 
- 2011 Best in Risk Management
- 2011 Best New Technology 
- 2011 Technology Provider of the Year