|Headquarters:||7555 Irvine Center Drive, <br
|Employees:||116 as of 2011 |
|Revenue:||20.0 million (2010)|
| Heath Clarke, Chairman & CEO |
Bruce Crair, President & Chief Operating Officer
Local.com, formerly known as Interchange Corporation, is owner and operator of local search sites and networks in the United States powered by the company's patented and proprietary Keyword DNA (TM) and local indexing technologies. The company specializes in local search and online advertising with more than 20 million customers per month.
- In 1999, the company was founded in Irvine California, under the name Interchange Corporation, to provide local and national paid searches on the internet. Heath Clarke has served as the company's President and CEO since March of 1999.
- In 2003, the company developed its patent-pending Keyword DNA™ technology, a new search platform powered with enhanced capabilities of mapping billions of keywords to over 10 million U.S. business listings and allowing users to receive search results via e-mail, search for products and services and automatically direct in-state searches and in cities with the highest population density.
- In 2004, the company had its Initial Public Offering (IPO) of 2,750,000 shares of common stock at $8.00 per share at the Nasdaq SmallCap Market under the symbol INCX.
- In 2005, the company acquired the Local-Web Indexing Technology, and launched Local.com  to deliver a superior local-search experience to its customers.
- On November 2, 2006, the Board of Directors of the company decided to change the company name from Interchange Corporation to Local.com Corporation under a new ticker symbol LOCM. The objective was to re-brand the company as the leading local search provider.
Products and Services
Local.com has three business units offering the company's products and services. The business units are categorized as Owned & Operated (O&O), Sales and Advertiser Services (SAS) and Network.
Products and services under the Owned and Operated Unit include the local.com website, which helps consumers find the most significant local searches for business in their locality; Local Mobile, which is a local search via a mobile device; and the SMS Localwhich, which is a text-message and local search directory assistance service, it is accessed by texting a local inquiry to LOCAL(56225).
The Network Unit's products include Local Content Solutions, Local Connect, Network Advertising Sales Solutions and Corporate Partnerships  while products and services under Sales and Advertiser Services are Local Premium Business Listing, Local Premium Plus Search, Hyper-local Business Listings. Exact MatchLocal Websites, Local Leads and Local Calls and Banner Ads.
Awards and Recognition
Local.com has received accolades from different institutions, including:
- Ranked 5th during the 2008 Hitwise U.S. Top 10 Award
- 2008 Internet Advertising Competition (IAC) Outstanding Achievement Award - Best Directory or Search Engine Microsite/Landing Page Category
- 12th Annual Webby Awards - Official Honoree
- Ranked 7th during the 2007 Hit Wise Award
- Ranked Leader in Online Advertising Revenue Growth for 2007
- 2007 Web Award for Outstanding Achievement in Website Development - Directory or Search Engine Standard of Excellence