|Industry:||Communication & Information Technology|
|Souleymane Oumtanaga, General Manager|
NIC.CI is the registry for the .ci ccTLD of the Côte d'Ivoire. The company was established in June, 1995, and is a division of the Ivorian Association for the Promotion and Development of the Internet (AIPD); Souleymane Oumtanaga serves as its general manager.
- 1990 - The National Institute of Technical Education (INSET) expressed an interest in connecting to the Internet. The only structure that
could provide an Internet connection was ORSTOM (now IRD- Institut de recherche pour le développement), the French Institute of Scientific Research for Development in Cooperation. INSET acquired PC 286 to connect to the Orio system of the ORSTOM by UUCP.
- 1992 - Mr. Souleymane Oumtanaga became the technical and administrative contact of .ci ccTLD with ORSTOM's assistance and support.
- 1995 - ADNTIC (Association for the Development of New Information Technology and Communication) was created to manage the .ci ccTLD.
- 1996 - The first ISP in Africa went online
- 1998 - Repatriation of the base to Montpellier, Abidjan
- 2006 - CODEV-nic, a free domain name registry platform was developed by .ci (Ivory Coast) registry in cooperation with the .mg (Madagascar) and .fr (France) registries
The company provides registration of the .ci domain name under the platform Codev-NIC, Whois search availability and consultation.
NIC.CI is accredited by ICANN, AfriNIC, AFNIC, IANA, RIPE NCC, AfTLD, African Network Operators Group, Assist Web Cote D' Ivoire, Network Start-up Resource Center and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs France.