|Email:||rmohan [at] afilias.info|
Ram Mohan is the Executive Vice President of Business Operations and Chief Technology Officer at Afilias Limited. Ram joined the ICANN Board of Directors as the SSAC's non-voting liaison at the conclusion of the Cairo Meeting in 2008. He has worked extensively and led developments on Internet security and internationalization.
He sits on the boards of various educational and leadership non-profits in the Philadelphia area, he is particularly dedicated to working with non-profits involved in the fight against cancer.
Ram is often a featured speaker at Industry meetings and conferences.
In 2004, Afilias was appointed as a technology advisor to the Indian Government to liberalize the .in ccTLD. Working in close coordination with government, industry and civil society, Ram led the team responsible for the transformation of the .in domain, and it went from 7,000 names registered at the start of 2005 to 140,000 registered names 10 months later.
Ram was in charge of eliminating phishing attacks within the company's .info extension; in 2008, it had the lowest phishing rate and the lowest average attack duration of any of the Internet's gTLDs.
He helped write the IDN Guidelines that have been widely adopted by registries worldwide and remains actively involved in IDN issues. He is a founding member of the ICANN Security & Stability Committee, and sat on the ICANN Nominating Committee from its inception in 2003 through 2006. Ram is also an active participant in the DNSSEC Deployment Working Group, and the ICANN President's Advisory Committee on IDNs. Ram has been a member of the ICANN Whois Task Force.
He is one of the authors of the RGP and IDN implementation guidelines, and a co-founder of the Arabic Script IDN Working Group. He is a founder of ISOC;s Philadelphia area chapter. He will serve on the ICANN Board through 2011.
Conflicts of Interest
Mr. Mohan has excused himself from discussing and influencing a number of votes related to ICANN's new gTLD program as per a conflict of interests policy passed in 2011 and his employment with a company that stands to benefit from the program.
- Board of Directors, SSAC Liaison at ICANN
- Technology Advisor for the Government of India, .in ccTLD
- Advisory Council Member of the Internet Society
- Technical Service Provider at dotMobi, mTLD
- Member, Internet Security & Stability Advisory Committee at ICANN
- Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer at Afilias
- President's Advisory Committee on Internationalized Domain Names at ICANN
- Chairman, GNSO IDN Working Group at ICANN
- 40 Under 40 Alumni Advisory Committee at Philadelphia Business Journal
- Board Member at Metropolitan Career Center
- Interim COO, Chief Technology Officer at Infonautics
- Senior Technology Architect at First Data Resources
- Engineer, Networking Services at Unisys
- Consultant at KPMG Peat Marwick
- Drexel Univ., Philadelphia
- Harvard Business School
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management Tiruchirapalli
- Chennai, India - 11.26.06 Ram gets hitched!
- Video - Discussing the mobile Internet
- Video- Presentation at the civil society workshop on Free Expression
- VIdeo- IGF Vilnius Presentation