Cheryl Langdon-Orr is the current vice-chair of the ICANN's ALAC, and has also served as its chair from 2007-2010. Her work with ALAC also includes her represention of both The Internet Society of Australia (ISOC-AU), and The Asia Pacific Regional At-Large Organisation (APRALO) to that body. She is currently serving her second, 2-year appointment to ALAC by APRALO. Cheryl has held several other positions in ISOC, including director and treasurer.
Langdon-Orr is the managing director of Hovtek Pty Limited, and director of BuildersNet Pty Limited. Hovtek Pty Limited is a family-owned designer, manufacturer and wholesaler of scientific, medical and educational goods and services. Her role therein focuses on the development of ‘Communities of Interest’ (encompassing vertical and horizontal markets) within the internet to maximize the use of this media by a wider group of Australian and International companies and organizations; with particular emphasis on working with those in the Micro, Start-up and SME category in both developed and developing economies.
Her interest in domain name issues has led her to become a voting member, and director of the Australian Domain Administration (auDA). Her work with that body resulted in the creation of second-level domains for Australia, called Community Geographic Domain Names (CGDNs). Thus, she also serves on the CGDN advisory committee.
Langdon-Orr is a founding member and executive committee member of the NSW Trade Efficiency Association (NSWTEA), and currently serves as its treasurer.
Cheryl's interests, education, and participation with various organizations often transcend ICANN. This is evidenced by her degrees in psychology and physiology, and her service to UN committees and literacy progams in Australia.
Macquarie University Graduate. Neurophysiology, Stress Physiology 1979-1982
Macquarie University Graduate. Biological Sciences, Psychology 1975-1979
- Representative of APRALO to ICANN's ALAC.
- Vice-Chair of the ICANN ALAC, 2010-Present.
- Chair of the ICANN ALAC 2007-2010.
- Board member of auDA, 2006-Present. 
- Director of Online Services and Member Support at BuildersNet Pty Limited, 2003-Present.
- Director, Hon. Treasurer of ISOC-AU, 2002-Present.
- Director at auDA, 2002-Present.
- Owner of Hovtek Pty Limited, 1982-Present.
- Active member of the NSW Chapter of FITT.
- Founding Member and Executive Committee Member of the NSWTEA.
- Guest lecturer at several institutions and Teaching Fellow at Macquarie University Asia Pacific Research Institute.