Jonne served as Technical Liaison Group (TLG) liaison to the ICANN Board between 2009 and 2010. He has been an active participant with the Internet Governance Forum since its establishment. He was appointed as non-voting technical liaison to the ICANN Board by the IETF.
Jonne has been active in the technical community for more than 15 years. Before joining Nokia, he worked for Nokia Siemens Networks, Renesas Mobile and Broadcom. He has supported:
- the 3rd Generation partnership project (3GPP)
- the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), where he serves as a served as co-chair of IPv6 Operations (v6ops) and the Network-based Localized Mobility Management (netlmm) Working Groups, and as a member and the chair of the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC)
- ISOC Advisory Council, where he served as Vice-Chair
- the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)
In Finland, Jonne has been active in the Finnish Internet Forum (FIF) – the Internet Governance Forum in Finland and as a member of the board of the local ISOC chapter.
Jonne obtained his master's in computer science from the University of Helenski, Finland. He participated in the Erasmus student exchange program in Germany and Spain.
- Privacy and Internet Governance - MIND 7 (page 69) by Wolfgang Kleinwächter (Internet & Gesellschaft Collaboratory, Jun 10, 2014)
- IAB Re-Appoints Jonne Soininen as Liaison to the ICANN Board (July 8, 2015), Internet Architecture Board (IAB)
- Jonne Soininen: Liaison to the ICANN Board, IETF. ICANN. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- IAB Appoints Jonne Soininen as Liaison to the ICANN Board. IETF. Retrieved December 15, 2015.